LONDON -- Fresh insight from leading cloud services marketplace provider, BCSG reveals the significant rewards on offer to telecoms operators interested in diversifying their offer to SMB customers. An independent study of 500 SMBs spanning the UK and US suggests that telecoms operators are ideally placed to benefit from surging demand amongst SMBs for cloud services.
The results come at a time when operators globally face ongoing pressure to retain and grow high ARPU users such as SMBs. Yet confusion persists amongst SMBs over the most appropriate cloud services to select and those best suited to their needs. Encouragingly for operators therefore, of all SMBs surveyed:
- 43 per cent of all UK and US SMB respondents confirmed that they would be willing to purchase cloud services from their incumbent service provider
- 40 per cent of UK and US SMBs are openly willing to purchase software and tools from operators to help them grow their business
- Based on market forecasts* of the UK and US SMB cloud services market, this firm intent from SMBs could be worth more than $22 billion to UK and US operators collectively
A clear trend of diversification already exists with around a third of US and UK SMBs already receiving help and guidance from their telecoms operators on hosting and business applications. Operators face a largely untapped market to capitalise on, given only 31 per cent of SMBs currently have a cloud migration strategy in place.
Platt continues: “Healthy dialogue already exists between SMBs and operators on key technology decisions. But at the same time, confusion persists amongst SMBs on what cloud innovation can offer and why they should adopt business apps. Operators have a unique opportunity to provide support and guidance to SMBs and play a significant role in their ongoing prosperity.”
Yet the study also warns operators on the dangers of complacency when managing their SMB customer relationships. Of those SMBs questioned:
- 42 per cent of US and UK SMBs receive no help from their telecoms operators whatsoever
- More than half (58 per cent) of SMBs would switch operators for access to a broader range of technology and services
- 52 per cent of SMBs will contemplate switching operators in the next two years
The full report ‘SMB cloud services: the multi-billion dollar opportunity for telcos' is available for download: http://www.bcsg.com/whitepaper-billion-dollar-opportunity-for-telcos/
*Market forecasts taken from Compass Intelligence and PAC
BCSG is a leading cloud services marketplace provider; our experienced team has been providing IT applications to small businesses for the past 10 years in partnership with global brands such as Barclays, MasterCard, Westpac, EE and Deutsche Bank. Our partnership with leading brands provides us with reach to over 20 million small businesses worldwide.
BCSG provides end to end technical and commercial support to partners for the initial service set up and ongoing delivery including a fully managed service platform and apps portfolio, hands on business go to market planning, sales channel enablement and a full end-customer support desk.
Established in 2008, BCSG is headquartered in the UK with offices across North America, Europe, APAC and Africa.
For more information about BCSG, please visit the company website: www.bcsg.com