|Xiaomi Mi4c Smartphone|
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Synaptics Inc., the leader in human interface solutions, announced that Xiaomi, one of the world's largest mobile manufacturers, has adopted the Synaptics ClearPad S3708 capacitive touch controller solution to power its latest smartphone device, the Mi4c. By featuring Synaptics' S3708 touch controller, Xiaomi is able to offer customers new SideTouch capabilities, enhancing the user experience and adding differentiation to the smartphone market.
As the first smartphone to leverage Synaptics' SideTouch technology, the Xiaomi Mi4c leverages the side of the phone for tracking finger taps and slides. SideTouch enables scrolling without covering the display with hands or fingers, and enables actionable taps to, for example, take photos or change content. As a result, the Mi4c will give consumers a new way to interact with their smartphone while showcasing Synaptics' innovation and leadership in human interface solutions.
Additionally, the Xiaomi Mi4c incorporates Synaptics' display driver integrated circuit (DDIC) solution, providing industry leading billion color displays and Full HD resolution.
"We are thrilled to once again be working with Xiaomi to deliver exciting innovation," said Srinivas Pattamatta, Senior Director of Product Marketing, Smart Display Division, Synaptics. "Our latest collaboration with Xiaomi is another example of how our strategic partnership with them continues to grow."
S3708 Technical Advantages and Benefits:
- Best-in-class hybrid sensing touch IC: Better touch performance with noise, moisture and glove use
- Increased Power: 2x the processing power and memory of previous generation touch ICs
- SideTouch Technology: enables new user experience for consumers from side of phone
- Lower Power: 30 percent lower power consumption than previous generation touch ICs thanks to the advanced 55nm process for increased battery life
- Increased Accuracy: Higher SNR of previous generation touch ICs based on the charge pump with "Signal Clarity" - eliminating jitter, ghost and missed touches
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
SOURCE Synaptics Inc.