Home » applications » gps » mobile-navigation » mobile-world-congress » NDrive to showcase new version of navigation software for mobile devices
Visitors to NDrive's booth - Hall P7 (App Planet) Level 0 stand 7C70 – can experience the new version 11 running on a number of devices highlighting the solution's social networking capabilities, including:
- Facebook: allowing users to post their favourite locations and itineraries
- Foursquare: including search and navigate functions and the ability to check in at destinations on arrival
- Navteq Location Point Advertising: a location-based services with relevant and convenient advertising from nearby businesses
- Lonely Planet Travel Guides embedded
- Worldwide Weather from MyWeather.com
- Integrated InApp Store allowing users to download easily maps and map updates, additional voices and safety cameras database.
- New, simpler and more intuitive user interface
The new version also includes real time traffic – via Navteq traffic - with information for all major European and North American cities and the urban areas in the emerging markets.
With a simplified and improved user interface, NDrive's latest software includes a full range of navigation features including latest signposts and lane assistance, TTS (text to speech), online points of interest (POIs) and updates with fast search results and global mapping capability from leading providers.
NDrive Chief Executive Officer Luis Baptista-Coelho said: "Navigation users are demanding a combination of simplicity and sophistication – clear user interfaces with the ability to access the widest range of relevant information that is being pushed to their devices. On top, they want the ability to connect with their own world of social networking and take advantage of the user generated content both by sharing and navigating. This new version of our software delivers all these features – combined with our market-leading performance – making it the ideal choice for handset manufacturers, telco, distributors and end users."