At this year's CES, Allwinner announced its first 64-bit solution, the $5 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 based A64 chipset. As of August 2015, the cost-effective A64 is already in mass production with several customers.
Main features of Allwinner's A64 chipset:
1. Leading 64-bit Cortex-A53 quad-core CPU architecture, higher overall system performance, newest Android 5.1 support, 9.9 second system fast boot.
2. Supports H.265/H.264 hardware decoding, 1080P HDMI output, delivering superb audio/video performance to users.
3. Seemless multi-format DRAM storage support, more competitive system costs, supports eMMC 5.0 high-speed interface, delivers stronger IO performance and faster data throughput.
4. Supports Allwinner's unique next generation color engine display technology, delivers more vibrant images and display for users.
5. Supports 2 Amp fast charging.
Allwinner's A64 solution currently delivers market-unique value for early 64-bit adopters. Industry insiders expect demand for A64-based devices to ramp up in the second half of 2015.
For more information about the Allwinner A64, check out Allwinner's Twitter sites for more up-to-date details.
SOURCE Allwinner Technology