"TMC is proud to announce that Toshiba's VIPedge has won a Fifth Annual Cloud Computing Excellence Award," said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. "Toshiba is honored for its achievement in bringing innovation and excellence to the market while leveraging the latest technology trends."
"We are honored to receive the 2015 Cloud Computing Excellence Award for our VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution," said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. "VIPedge gives users the features, functionality, quality, service and reliability for which Toshiba's telephone systems are known, all in the cloud."
VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution
VIPedge allows companies to pay a monthly service fee — scalable to meet system size and usage needs — as an alternative to the capital purchase of an on-premise telephone system. VIPedge accommodates up to 500 users in single or multi-site deployments.
Toshiba's VIPedge gives users all the advantages of Toshiba's IPedge® business telephone system in the cloud, without having to actually buy it. VIPedge is available for lease with zero upfront cost for equipment and installation with a choice of 24, 36 and 60-month lease options.
Affordable, Zero Upfront Cost Lease Options Help Reduce Telecom Costs
Financial benefits of VIPedge include:
- Zero upfront cost for equipment and installation with a choice of 24, 36 and 60-month lease options;
- Ability to reduce capital expenditures since telephony becomes an operating expense;
- Fixed monthly costs so companies can budget for their exact costs;
- Software upgrades that are included, so there are no expenses for upgrades or software fixes;
- No obsolescence since VIPedge is always kept up-to-date in the cloud;
- Dynamically scalable cloud resources to increase or delete users or applications as needed;
- Optional international calling plans;
- System administration, which is included in the monthly fee and eliminates the need for on-site system management; and
- Survivability, automatically included via the cloud.
Migration Benefits of VIPedge include:
- Flexibility for companies to change or migrate cloud services as their businesses grow and change;
- Easy migration to or from Toshiba's IPedge on-site system; and
- Easy expansion to a Hybrid Cloud Solution with VIPedge networked with Toshiba's on-site solutions IPedge and Strata® CIX.
UC Apps Enable Users to Work From Virtually Anywhere
Unified Communications and Telephony Features include:
- Work from virtually anywhere using personal or business mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets, as a business phone extension.
- Enable easier connections with one-number reach, in or out of the office or out of the country.
- Protect mobile number privacy by displaying only the office phone number in caller ID.
- Manage office voice mails easily and quickly with a visual interface on a mobile device.
- Place long-distance and international calls to contacts from a cell phone at landline rates.
- Stay in touch while traveling internationally.
- Get more done with instant messaging (IM) with colleagues who are busy or on the phone.
- See the status of UCedge® colleagues users before calling them.
- Rapidly find contacts in a list synchronized with the office phone system and user-provided avatars.
- Utilize enterprise-quality telephone features, including placing a call on hold and picking it up from another phone as well as pressing a button on a phone to put the system into night mode.
- Choose from various endpoints, including Toshiba's IP5000-series desk telephones, IP4100 wireless telephones, and Toshiba's Call Manager with integrated voice.
- Personalize endpoints in order to meet the needs of each individual user.
- Select optional international calling plans.
Cloud Computing Magazine is the industry's definitive source for all things cloud - from public, community, hybrid and private cloud to security and business continuity, and everything in between. This quarterly magazine published by TMC assesses the most important developments in cloud computing not only as they relate to IT, but to the business landscape as a whole.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, IoT Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: 2015 Connecticut Mobile Summit; Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; Drone Zone 360; IoT Evolution Conference & Expo; IoT Evolution Developers Conference; IoT Evolution Fog, Analytics & Data Conference; IoT Evolution Connected Transportation Conference; IoT Evolution Connected Home & Building Conference; MSP Expo; NFV Expo; SIP Trunking, Unified Communications & WebRTC Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo featuring Fitness and Sports Wearable Technology (FAST) Expo; WebRTC Conference & Expo; and more. For more information about TMC, visit www.tmcnet.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD)
Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the five business units of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future", Toshiba promotes global operations towards securing "Growth Through Creativity and Innovation", and is contributing to the achievement of a world in which people everywhere live in safe, secure and comfortable society. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 590 consolidated companies employing over 200,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.5 trillion yen (US$63 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
SOURCE Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division